Clubs bulletin no 10 - 17 June
Clubs are reminded that when live streaming is taking place the League live-streaming guidance must be followed – in particular:
• seek consent of the opposition and umpires in advance – if this is not given, live-streaming should not take place
• obtain written consent from the player or parent/guardian of any junior player who will play in the game
• prominently display notices indicating that live-streaming is taking place
• live-streaming must not be used to criticise or dispute an umpire’s decision
The inaugural awards, for April/May, were announced on social media and on our website. Winners are being presented with framed certificates by our League ambassadors upon receipt of their photograph from their club. Clubs are asked to help us by responding as promptly as possible to photograph requests.
Following a number of recent incidents in our league involving junior players, League Safeguarding Manager Maurice Gilliatt has written out to all club safeguarding officers, chairmen and secretaries, asking them to ensure that any incidents involving their clubs are properly investigated and that he is kept informed.
Teas at Hampole & Skelbrooke
The Hampole & Skelbrooke club have asked us to advise all visiting clubs that they regret that they will no longer be able to provide teas this season.
Umpire training courses
The links for booking places on the October training courses are now open as follows.
• UES1/000513 – Stage 1 course on 16th October 2022 at Phoenix Sports & Social Club, Rotherham: https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/wkqv43
• UES2/000490 - Stage 2 course on 30th October 2022 at Phoenix Sports & Social Club, Rotherham: https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/9kqvrv