Clubs' bulletin No 3 - 10 April
2022 financial information
• League subscriptions (including YCB affiliation) - £95 per club per team
• Umpires’ fees (unchanged from last season) –
• Premier Division and Viking Cup – £60 per umpire
• Championship Division and Whitworth Cup – £50 per umpire
• Divisions 1 & 2 and Mick Savage Cup – £45 per umpire
• Divisions 3-9, Presidents’ trophy and Billy Oates Cup – £40 per umpire
• T20 Blast – £60 per umpire
• T20 Plate – £50 per umpire
• fees will include travelling expenses
• fees must be paid prior to the resumption of play after tea
• each team will be responsible for paying one umpire
• once the umpires have arrived at the ground the full fee will be payable, irrespective of whether or not play takes place
• where only one appointed umpire stands in any game, one and a half times the normal fee will be payable
Covid. Please note that all Covid rules have now been lifted, in line with ECB and government guidance. Failure to raise a side due to Covid will be treated as a forfeiture. The YCSPL will, however, adopt the new MCC law 41.3 No Saliva from the start of the season.
Diversity training. In consultation with the Equity & Diversity Group, the League is arranging diversity training for key league officials, that will be delivered early in the season. ECB online training for club volunteers is expected to be available later in the year.
Handbook. Correction to playing condition 6.i – The second sentence should read ‘If a side has less than seven players, they will be …… ”
Overseas player registration. We have had some queries about the registration process. To avoid any issues, please ensure that you use the online registration forms on the League forms page of our website. Paper-based forms are no longer in use and their use may result in the player not being properly registered.
Senior Section – duration of games. Clubs are reminded that there is no carry-over of overs in League games.
Teas. Please note that Higham and Thorpe Hesley & High Green will provide teas in 2022.
Website. The Clubs and Grounds pages have now been updated for the coming season. Please take a minute to:
• check that the entries for your club are correct
• to let the website administrator have any information you would like adding to your club’s ‘ground information’ and ‘about us’ sections